[ALUG] Reformatting a PDF

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Mon May 15 19:36:36 BST 2017

On Mon, 15 May 2017 16:21:44 +0100
Mark Rogers <mark at more-solutions.co.uk> allegedly wrote:

> On 15 May 2017 at 15:52, mick <mbm at rlogin.net> wrote:
> > Quote "If PDF is electronic paper, then pdftk is an electronic
> > stapler-remover, hole-punch, binder, secret-decoder-ring, and
> > X-Ray-glasses. Pdftk is a simple tool for doing everyday things with
> > PDF documents." Unquote
>
> OK, I've had a play.
>
> $ pdftk Royal-Mail-Our-Prices-March-2017_0.pdf burst
>
> .. created 16 separate single page PDFs (pg_0001.pdf up), each of
> which is 8.27" x 3.9" in dimension.
>
> How do I cram multiple pg_xxxx onto a single A4?

So - here's an idea (which worked for me). Open the original PDF in any
PDF viewer (I used the default Mate desktop Document Viewer) and
resize the image on screen to something sensible. Then use a screenshot
grabber to snap images of the actual bits you want and paste them into
a document. Depending upon resolution you might get three or four
images to a page.

Then print.

(Though actually, even though the Post Office document is a wierd size,
I had no problem printing individual pages from Document Viewer to my
printer.)

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net