[ALUG] Looking for a laptop as my T430 has died

Michael Goddard emmjee at mypostoffice.co.uk
Sat May 27 15:24:51 BST 2017

On Sat, 27 May 2017 13:15:17 +0100
Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> My faithful Lenovo/IBM T430 seems to have died so I'm looking for a
> replacement.  A similar specification would be fine, price is the
> major issue, the T430 is a refurbished one and I'd be quite happy to
> go for refurbished again. Requirements are:-
>
>     Third generation core I5 or better processor
>     14" screen
>     SSD drive (though I could transfer the one from my T430)
>     8Gb memory
>     USB 3.0
>     Gbit ethernet
>
> There's no need for any OS though I guess it will be bound to have
> Windows in which case 7 preferred.
>
> There's not so many brands, basically Lenovo, HP/Compaq, Dell,
> Fujitsu, Asus and Acer seem to be it.  Does anyone have any comments
> on good/bad brands?  I've been happy with the Lenovo T430 (but it has
> died!).
>
> So recommendations awaited please.

As an 'eternal newbie' on things re Linux and  "Laptop brands", but the last time I was in your situation I found my solution at NovaTech.  Bought a laptop to my own specification without any OS in stalled and, to date, three years later it worked as a good choice for me.  Hoppe this helps.

Michael
--
Michael Goddard <emmjee at mypostoffice.co.uk>