[ALUG] Has anyone heard of Entroware?

Mark Wilson markwilson at towertermite.com
Sun May 28 17:45:20 BST 2017

Hi,

I have. It's pretty good. Just a couple of issues. It didn't say on the
site that it there was no optical drive. I don't really need one but
though small it is a laptop, not netbook. I opted for one with no
pre-installed OS but found that default Debian wouldn't install and I
had to find the 'non-free drivers' image. I'm using Arch now and that
installed without problems but I did think it a little odd that a
Linux-oriented machine would require non-free. Probably the Nvidia graphics.

I did like the being able to pick and choose options, picked twin
drives, SSD for root and swap, larger normal one for /home.

Mark Wilson

*email: *markwilson at towertermite.com
*web: *www.towertermite.com