[ALUG] 4G data

Thu Nov 16 23:28:10 GMT 2017

I feel your pain Phil. As an ex Merchant Seaman I had the same problem,
and after moving house twice in the last two years I was in a similar
predicament whilst waiting for Internet and phone to be connected.

My solution lately has been a "my-fi" dongle with a Three data sim from
Amazon. ID mobile does do data sims on 30 day contracts as an
alternative. ID mobile is the carphonewarehouse using the Three network.
They were rubbish to deal with so be warned!

There are data sims out there that last for 12 months but they can be
hard to find. Even when searching Amazon you have to be careful and read
the description properly to make sure you are buying one that lasts for
12 months from activation. They are usually more expensive for the same
amount of data than ones that only last 30 days from activation. Also
it's normally cheaper to buy several sims and just throw empty ones away
rather than top-up once you've used the data.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Pay-Trio-Data-Preloaded/dp/B01CMD4VKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510873983&sr=8-1&keywords=three+12gb&dpID=51ThKjGzHWL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Hope this helps.

Martin