[ALUG] 4G data

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Nov 17 12:08:41 GMT 2017

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 11:28:10PM +0000, Martin Collins wrote:
> I feel your pain Phil. As an ex Merchant Seaman I had the same problem, and
> after moving house twice in the last two years I was in a similar
> predicament whilst waiting for Internet and phone to be connected.

I too have similar issues on a canal boat in France.

My solution is to bypass 3g/4g completely and use WiFi.  I have a
TP-Link outdoor WiFi 'router' and have a FON account.  It's rarely
that I can't find an SFR/FON WiFi within range when stopped.

I also have a 'Free' (that's a French brand) account which gives me
even more WiFi choices.