[ALUG] ssh_config file equivalents of command line options - how to find?

steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk
Tue Nov 28 20:34:02 GMT 2017

On 28/11/17 19:35, Chris Green wrote:
> I had a hard time recently working out what the ssh_config file
> equivalent of the -L command line option in ssh was.  The man page
> happily tells you that "Port forwardings can also be specified in the
> configuration file." buut doesn't tell you *what* the configuration
> file equivalent is.  (It's actually a bit obvious - LocalForward).
>
> Is there any documented way of finding the mapping?
>
> I'm now after the config file equivalents for -f and -N if there are
> any.
In many cases the config file also has a man page, so as well as man ssh
there is also

man ssh_config
and
man sshd_config

and of course you can google both which usually gives me an
easier-to-navigate manual to find what I'm looking for,

That said, a quick scan can't find the options you describe in man ssh_conf.

Steve