[ALUG] ssh_config file equivalents of command line options - how to find?

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Thu Nov 30 11:00:50 GMT 2017

** steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk <steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk> [2017-11-28 20:34]:
> On 28/11/17 19:35, Chris Green wrote:
> > I had a hard time recently working out what the ssh_config file
> > equivalent of the -L command line option in ssh was.  The man page
> > happily tells you that "Port forwardings can also be specified in the
> > configuration file." buut doesn't tell you *what* the configuration
> > file equivalent is.  (It's actually a bit obvious - LocalForward).
> >
> > Is there any documented way of finding the mapping?
> >
> > I'm now after the config file equivalents for -f and -N if there are
> > any.
> In many cases the config file also has a man page, so as well as man ssh
> there is also
>
> man ssh_config
> and
> man sshd_config
>
> and of course you can google both which usually gives me an
> easier-to-navigate manual to find what I'm looking for,
>
> That said, a quick scan can't find the options you describe in man ssh_conf.
** end quote [steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk]

I've not experimented with them, but are the ControlPersist and
PermitLocalCommand options any help? The first looks to be related to
background'ing things and the latter can block command exection.

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  https://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001
 Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch  |  http://www.fsb.org.uk/