[ALUG] Controlling a Raspberry PI I/O pins via web App

steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk
Wed Oct 11 18:28:44 BST 2017

Can any Raspberry Pi users out there or web people help? I Want to use
webpage to control Neopixels plugged into a Raspberry Pi.  The webpage
will have slider controls for R, G, B & overall brightness. I was
initially thinking of using cgi-bin scripts using python, but I want the
colour to change as the slider moves so I don't know if that would be
responsive enough.

Reading around, there seem to be many python-based solutions* so I could
use cgi scripts, web sockets, webpy, flask, danjo or others. Anyone got
a recommendation of which way to go. Lightweight and no security will do.

*I want to use python if possible as that's what I'm most familiar with
ATM, with a bit of Javascript as required.

Any advice appreciated.

Steve