[ALUG] Ubuntu 17.04 sleeping?

Clark, Adrian F alien at essex.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 10:28:15 BST 2017

Hello everyone,

I have a machine running Ubuntu 17.04 (desktop version) on a Dell Optiplex 5050 which needs to run a long shell script (doing some machine learning runs) overnight.  I've turned off suspend via Unity's "power management" control panel but it looks as though the machine still goes to sleep after being left alone for an hour.  I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to what's going on?

..Adrian
--
 Dr Adrian F Clark             WEB: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~alien/
 EMAIL: alien/at/essex.ac.uk       TEL: +44 1206 872432      RADIO: M0PDF