[ALUG] wake up GUI

Phil Thane phil at pthane.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 14:15:48 BST 2017

Mostly I just use the file manager, sometimes a web-browser rather than
downloading something on the desktop and transferring it.

I think I'm going to have to start from scratch though, somehow I've managed
to lock myself out of Nextcloud and can't get back in without the MariaDB/SQL
details, which were on a piece of paper that disappeared when we moved house!

Using the file manager a few days ago I copied the Nextcloud Data directory tp
/home/phil with a view to re-installing the database and Nextcloud then
putting the data back rather than re-syncing from the desktop which takes
ages. Unfortunately I didn't check disk space, so now nothing works, not even
VNC! I can still SSH into it so will delete the data backup and see if that
gives me some control back, otherwise I can see a fresh install coming on.

The SSH X thing looks useful, not seen that before, I'll give it a go. Thanks.

--
Phil Thane

www.pthane.co.uk
phil at pthane.co.uk