[ALUG] Intelligently deleting thumbnail images

Huge huge at huge.org.uk
Thu Sep 7 11:56:06 BST 2017

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 11:04 +0100, steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk wrote:

> The other solution.  Use a tool to read the exif data of all files (is
> it exiftool?).  Work out the image sizes.  Work out what sizes your
> thumbnails are.  write a script to delete or move these files somewhere
> else where they can be manually pruned.

Won't full size images and their thumbnails have close (identical?)
creation dates in the EXIF data? You could use that to identify matching
images.

Other than doing some kind of Google-esque image recognition, I don't
think there's any way of matching them by appearance!

--
Today is Setting Orange, the 31st day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3183
                  I don't have an attitude problem.