[ALUG] RPi SD backup/restore

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Sep 22 13:08:07 BST 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:46:12PM +0100, Mark Rogers wrote:
[snip]

> My use case is more about setting one Pi up the way I like it and then
> creating a dozen clones of it, than it is about not losing the
> contents of the original Pi. (To be fair, that is a separate
> requirement so this has been a very useful discussion all the same.)

Yes, I think I sort of realised that but thought my input might be
useful anyway.

As a general rule for myself I do my very best not to customise things
too much and to keep installations as standard as possible.  Thus all
my installations, as far as possible, only have differences from 'as
installed' in /etc and /home so I just back those up.